If you or a loved one has been involved in a Florida car crash or other accident caused by someone else’s negligence, then there is a good chance that you have incurred some measure of neck or back injury. Injuries to the neck and back are extremely common in negligence-based accidents. These types of injuries can cause debilitating problems such as chronic pain, limited functionality, disability, and even death.
If you have suffered a neck or back injury in Collier or Orange counties, you may be entitled to coverage from your insurance company, and you may have a claim for damages against any negligent parties who were responsible for your harm. The head injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., can help you recover from negligent drivers, building owners and managers, insurance providers, employers, and anyone else who may be legally responsible for compensating you. We have spent decades helping injured Floridians recover damages for the injuries that negligent parties create.
What Causes Back & Neck Injuries?
Neck and back injuries can result from a variety of accidents. At The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., our personal injury team has helped many of our clients recover for neck and back injuries resulting from accidents such as:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, and bike accidents. Neck and back injuries are incredibly common in all forms of traffic accidents. As many as one in ten people involved in a rear-end collision will experience whiplash syndrome, for example, as well as other neck and back problems.
- Slips, trips, and falls. Slipping on a wet surface or tripping over unseen hazards can lead to awkward, twisting falls, increasing the likelihood of a neck or back injury.
- Elevator, staircase, or scaffold collapses. Falls from high places or being struck by falling materials are likely to lead to neck and back problems.
- Construction accidents. Neck and back injuries can result from being hit by falling or rolling objects at construction worksites, as well as falling from ladders or other high places.
- Defective products. Consumer products that malfunction can injure people in a variety of ways, from automobiles failing at inopportune times to home appliances exploding. Many defects will cause victims to suffer from a sudden impact to the neck or back.
- Swimming pool accidents. Diving into a shallow pool or slipping on a wet surface adjacent to a pool is a very common way to suffer neck, back or spinal injury.
Types of Neck & Back Injuries
Neck and back injuries can range from moderate to severe. Our Florida personal injury lawyers can help you recover, at the least, the medical expenses associated with a neck or back injury after an accident, as well as additional damages in more serious cases. Common neck injuries include:
- Strains and sprains
- Herniated discs
- Facet joint injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Pinched nerves
If you suffered a neck or back injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to damages, including medical costs, medical devices, physical therapy, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and psychological harm. The experienced and compassionate personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A. will evaluate your claims and help you understand the compensation to which you may be entitled, and how to start building your strongest case for full recovery today.
Seasoned and Effective Assistance With Your Naples Neck & Back Injury Claim
If you or a loved one has suffered a back or neck injury after an accident in Naples, Orlando, or throughout Collier and Orange counties, reach out to a talented Naples neck and back injury lawyer for help. The knowledgeable and dedicated Florida neck and back injury legal team at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., is prepared to hear your case. Contact our Naples law office today at 239-649-8050 for a free consultation, and find out whether you may be entitled to damages after your Florida accident.