When a person experiences significant blunt force trauma in an accident, they are likely to experience a broken bone or some sort of internal injury. If you were hit with a sudden impact as a result of someone else’s negligence and you suffered a bone fracture, organ damage, organ function loss, internal bleeding, muscle bruising or tears, or any other internal injury in Collier County or Orange County, our broken bone attorneys are ready to hear your case. The personal injury legal team at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., will help you pursue a claim for damages against the negligent parties that hurt you.
Types and Degrees of Bone Fractures
The experienced broken bone injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A. help clients seek compensation for a wide variety of bone fractures and internal injury caused by someone’s negligence. Common types of fractures our personal injury clients may suffer include the following:
- Greenstick fracture. A greenstick fracture refers to a bone that has broken but not completely separated. The outer side of a bent bone may break while the rest remains unbroken. These are more common in children because their bones have not yet fully developed and are typically softer than adult bones. These fractures can be painful but are likely to heal fully, absent complications.
- Open or compound fracture. A compound fracture occurs when the impact is so severe as to break the skin at the time of fracture. The bone may actually pierce the skin and be visible at the wound site.
- Transverse fracture. Breaks where the fracture is a straight line, perpendicular to the long part (the shaft) of the bone, are known as transverse fractures. These typically require an orthopedic trauma surgeon to fix.
- Oblique fracture. Oblique fractures occur when the break line is on an angle or diagonal across the bone. These may be caused by a sudden impact at an angle.
- Spiral fractures. The break will spiral around the bone, commonly caused in a twisting injury.
- Comminuted fracture. Comminuted fractures are some of the most severe breaks, in which the bone has shattered into three or more pieces.
- Segmental fractures. These occur where a single bone is fractured in two places, such that there is a “floating” segment of bone.
Regardless of the type of fracture, any broken bone causes significant pain and discomfort, can lead to permanent functional loss, and can cause scarring or other long-term injury. Our personal injury team will fight to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve after a serious bone fracture.
Accidents and Incidents That Cause Fractures and Internal Injuries
The dedicated and talented personal injury team at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A. is prepared to help you recover for your broken bones and internal injuries. We help clients recovering from any type of personal injury incident, including:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slips, Trips & Falls, aka Premises Liability Claims
- Dog Bites
- Boating Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Golf Cart Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Defective Products
Whatever the nature of your accident, if you were hurt by another person’s negligence in Orange or Collier County, you may be entitled to recovery. Our broken bones and internal damage attorneys will investigate the circumstances of your injury, collect the evidence necessary to show who was at fault and how badly you were injured, and argue your claims to insurance companies, against defense attorneys, and before the court. We will fight to ensure you get the recovery you deserve for the harm you have suffered.
Seasoned Advice & Representation With Your Naples Broken Bone and Internal Injury Claims
If the negligent actions of another person have caused you or a loved one to suffer from broken bones, organ damage, internal bleeding, or other internal injuries, a seasoned and effective Florida injury attorney can help you recover for your injuries. Our Naples broken bones and internal injury lawyers are ready to hear your case after an accident in Naples, Orlando, or anywhere in Southern or Central Florida. Call the Naples broken bones & internal injury negligence lawyers at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., today at 239-649-8050 for a free consultation.