Fort Myers Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney
Uber and Lyft have become a regular presence in most cities across the country. Many people see them as more convenient and cheaper than typical taxi cabs, and they are more readily available in smaller cities. The requirements for becoming an Uber or Lyft driver are less stringent than for other commercial drivers, however. Moreover, long hours behind the wheel can make any driver lose focus, become drowsy, and look for distractions. Accidents involving rideshare drivers are becoming more common. If a rideshare driver hit you or if you were a passenger in a car during a crash, you may be entitled to compensation. If you and your family are dealing with the financial and emotional ramifications of a serious Uber or Lyft crash, get help from a dedicated, passionate, and effective rideshare accident lawyer.
At The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., our experienced and talented Fort Myers rideshare accident attorneys have years of experience securing the financial recovery that our clients deserve after being hurt by negligent or reckless drivers. We will pursue your claims against rideshare companies, individual drivers, and insurance companies, fighting to ensure that you are not left with the bill after an Uber or Lyft accident that was not your fault. We care most about our clients’ well-being, and we will do whatever is necessary to help our clients get the recovery they are owed.
Common Rideshare Accidents
Liability after a rideshare accident can be complicated. At The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are prepared to handle your rideshare crash injury claim in all circumstances, including when:
- You were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, and your driver caused a crash
- You were driving your car and were hit by a negligent Uber or Lyft driver
- You were a pedestrian, a bicyclist, or riding a motorcycle and were hit by an Uber or Lyft driver
- You were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, and another driver caused a crash
If you were hurt by the negligence of a rideshare driver or another driver while using a rideshare service, our Uber and Lyft crash lawyers will investigate your claims and help determine who can and should be held liable for your damages.
What Do I Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident?
If you were involved in a traffic crash involving an Uber or Lyft, it is important that you take the same steps you would take after any other accident. Here are a few actions to take and important things to keep in mind immediately after an accident:
- See a doctor immediately. If you were hurt in an accident, it is vital to seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you were seriously injured, get emergency care. Even if your injuries are not life-threatening, you should still see a doctor as quickly as possible after a crash.
- Call the police. Florida law requires people involved in an accident that involved personal injury to report the crash to the police.
- Collect evidence, including photographs, witness information, etc. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, damage to any vehicles involved, and your injuries. If there are witnesses, get their contact information so that you can later provide it to the police or your attorney. Keep copies of any documents related to the accident, including police reports, medical records, medical bills, and communications with the at-fault driver, Uber or Lyft, or insurance companies.
- Take notes about the crash. You might forget important details down the line; it helps to write down details such as the time of day, the road conditions, what your driver was doing at the time of the crash, etc.
- Do not agree to anything or sign any paperwork provided by Uber, Lyft, or the driver. Speak with a car accident attorney before you decide to waive any of your rights or accept any settlement. The rideshare company or their insurance provider may be trying to get you to settle for a lower amount than your claim is worth. If your medical bills increase down the line, you would then be left paying for your injuries yourself.
Speak with a knowledgeable Florida rideshare accident lawyer for additional advice about building a case and seeking recovery.
Trusted Advice and Representation After Your Fort Myers Uber or Lyft Crash
If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed by a negligent rideshare driver in Fort Myers, Orlando, or throughout Florida, reach out to a talented and capable Fort Myers Uber & Lyft accident lawyer for help. Call the experienced rideshare driver crash legal team at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A., at 239-649-8050 today for a free consultation to learn whether you may be entitled to compensation after your Florida Uber or Lyft traffic accident.