Tips For Taking Useful Accident Scene Photos After A Florida Car Accident
After being involved in a Florida car accident, the last thing you want to do is to think about a list of things you should do. However, thinking about what you need to do after a car accident is important. After an accident, it would be best if you thought about taking the necessary steps to protect your health. It is also vital that you take the necessary steps after a car accident to protect your legal rights. To protect your health after an accident, ensure you seek prompt medical attention. Even when you think you haven’t been injured, you must seek medical help. On the other hand, one thing you can do after an auto accident to protect your legal rights is taking photos of the accident scene.
Why Is it Important To Take Photos After a Florida Car Accident?
Images taken after a car accident can help an individual protect their legal rights. A person has the right to seek compensation from their insurance company or an at-fault party’s insurance company after a car accident. However, whether or not you receive the compensation you deserve depends entirely on you. You can ensure you get the compensation you deserve by gathering enough evidence to support your claim. Photos can provide you with the evidence you need to support your case. A picture can tell more about what occurred in a car accident than your words or those of witnesses. An image can even help you dispute a false witness statement.
The following are some reasons why a car accident victim should take pictures after a car accident.
- Pictures can serve as evidence of injuries. If you are to obtain compensation, especially from an at-fault party, you must prove you suffered severe injuries in your accident. Since injuries heal over time, photos can help you prove that you suffered a severe injury in an accident.
- Pictures can help you remember crucial facts. After an accident, you can become disoriented. Photos can help you remember important information you may have forgotten following the confusion that comes after an accident.
- Pictures can help you prove fault. Photos taken after a car accident can be pieced together and used to determine who caused an accident. Pictures showing the position of each involved vehicle and a shot of a stop sign, for instance, can be pieced together and used to determine fault.
Evidence may begin disappearing after an accident. Therefore, photos are a way of preserving evidence. Luckily, today, it is easy for people to take pictures thanks to technology.
Tips for Taking Accident Scene Photos After a Florida Car Accident
As you’ve already learned, photos taken after a car accident can prove invaluable when it comes to supporting a car accident claim. Therefore, you need to understand how to take accident scene photos. The goal is not just to take photos of the accident scene after a car crash. Instead, the primary goal is to take excellent photos that can prove useful.
Below are a few tips for taking accident scene photos after a car accident.
Capture as Many Photos as Possible
After a car crash, you may not know what you need to capture. So, generally, the more photos you take, the better. Remember, there is nothing like taking too many pictures. However, after a car accident, an individual should focus on taking photos of;
- any skid marks
- their car (including the interior and number plates) and any damages to the vehicle
- other cars involved in the accident
- any traffic signs or control devices
- weather conditions
- the surrounding
Take Pictures from Different Vantage Points
It is advisable for a car accident victim to take the following pictures.
- Wide-angle pictures
- Panoramic pictures
Capturing photos from different vantage points allows you to create a detailed view of the accident scene. Such a view can help you create a story that can allow you to defend your claim.
Remember Your Time and Date
If your device doesn’t automatically time stamp photos, ensure you adjust your phone settings accordingly before beginning to take pictures. You need your images to have timestamps, so you don’t have trouble convincing the court or insurance company that the pictures were taken on the date and at the time you claim you took them.
Contact a Fort Myers Car Accident Attorney
If you suffered injuries in a Florida auto accident and need professional help, reach out to a qualified Florida car accident attorney. To receive professional assistance, contact a Fort Myers car accident attorney at The Law Offices of Marc. L. Shapiro, P.A., today at 239-649-8050 to schedule a consultation.