Auto Accident Injuries with a Lifelong Impact
It is a common misconception that only high speed/heavy collision automobile accidents can cause injuries with a lifelong impact.
A car accident is something that is completely unexpected; typically leaving those involved stunned, dazed and upset. When an accident occurs, most people tend to focus on visible physical damage to any vehicles involved in the accident and any immediately noticeable injuries to any persons involved in the accident.
An extremely important factor to keep in mind, however, is that the effects of an accident injury are not always felt immediately. Many times, in fact, aches and pains due to an injury accident are unrecognizable until several hours or even days after the accident has occurred, when the shock has subsided and a dull ache may then evolve into more noticeable discomfort and pain.
A number of common symptoms, which may arise after an auto accident include:
- Neck and/or shoulder pain and stiffness
- Pain in the lower back or any other area of the back
- Inability to sleep or disrupted sleep
- Bruising or swelling in areas affected by any injury
- Blurred vision and/or dizziness
- Burning sensations or pain
- Discomfort commonly described as “pins and needles”
The possible long-term health conditions related to auto accidents are numerous, ranging from fractures, dislocations and severe head injuries to back injuries, neck injuries, depression and post traumatic stress disorder.
It is extremely important to pay close attention to your body. After making sure to get to a medical professional to examine you and assign any necessary care for injuries, the next important course of action is to clarify the legalities involved with regard to the automobile accident and get some peace of mind by contacting a personal injury lawyer with any questions and concerns.
Many people are not aware of what their rights are or the resources that are available to them. Our staff of professionals at The Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A. focuses on car accident injury cases, as well as other injury claims, and we also offer a free initial consultation to review the specifics of your car accident and any related injuries.
Some of the items that may be discussed in an initial consultation include:
- Details regarding the accident
- Details regarding any related injuries
- Medical care for any related injuries
- Past injuries and related medical care
- Statute of limitations for accident injury claims
- Insurance coverage for all parties involved
- Auto accident injury claim process